Wednesday 17 June 2009

Somebody should do something to fix everything.

OK, so I started the migration to beta last night. That is to say, I put up all the files and database entries, merging the latter with existing membership.

Here's the rub. As soon as I had done this, the server stopped working. When I got through to my host (on the other side of the Atlantic), they told me the server I was being hosted on was having problems, and would be fixed over the next few hours.

No problem, happens to everyone. Problem is, it's now most of a day later, and while some static pages are working, anything reasonably strenuous falls over. I'm fairly sure it's not my code; things that worked fine before are giving nothing now.

So this is currently a seriously abortive launch. Will give my host another day or two, but then will have to think about hosting elsewhere. Which would be a great shame, as my host offers good rates and uses only green energy. Would be a shame to lose them.

No comments: